Mobilitat / Movilidad / Mobility
The Faculty of Medicine of the UIB offers three types of mobility:
- Short-stay Programme (extracurricular practices)
- Clinical Practices Programme (curricular)
- Exchange programmes: SÉNECA, SICUE, ERASMUS, etc...
Short-stay Programme (extracurricular practices)
This program is aimed to medical students enrolled in third year or higher of any university of the European Higher Education Area for stays between two weeks and two months at the hospital services under the IBSalut.
Pre-registration must be made, with a minimum of two months in advance, using the application form found on this page to which you must attach a document that shows that you are a degree in Medicine student and a copy of your identity document. Once the admission has been confirmed by the UIB, you will receive a personalized practice calendar and the authorization and instructions to formalize and pay for the registration, which includes a basic compulsory insurance policy for accidents and civil liability.
This program does not involve any recognition of ECTS credits in the student’s home university, because it’s about extracurricular practices. The program assumes that it is a relationship exclusively between the student and the Faculty of Medicine of the UIB, without any intervention from the student’s home university. Therefore, it’s not applicable any signature of any document, apart from the documents generated by the Faculty of Medicine of the UIB.
Students will be able to observe the actual work of the medical personnel in the hospital services, but they will not be able to interact with patients in any case without the corresponding supervision. Before starting the stay, you must go to the administrative services of the Faculty of Medicine of the UIB (block H, level -1 of the Hospital Universitari Son Espases) to sign the conditions of the practices and a commitment of confidentiality, as well as collecting the follow-up practices book and the credential that you must wear visibly during your stay.
The follow-up practices book must be returned to the Faculty of Medicine of the UIB once the stay is finished, so that the work done can be certified both to the student and to the tutor and the supervisors.
This stay does not imply any contract with the University or with the IBSalut.
Clinical Practices Programme (curriculars)
Aimed at medicine students from any university who want to take the compulsory subjects of assistance in the hospital services under the IBSalut (see hospital services).
This Programme requires an educational cooperation agreement signed by the university of origin and the UIB where they establish, among other things, the conditions of the stay and the academic recognition in the university of origin.
List of universities with internship agreement:
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
- Universitat de Lleida
- Universidad Cardenal Herrera de Valencia
- University of Pécs (Hungary)
- Semmelweis University
- Fundación Universitaria Autónoma de las Américas
- Universidad del Desarrollo (Chile)
- Universidad del Rosario (Colombia)
The procedure for signing the agreement is as follows:
- The student concerned must download the agreement and urge the Faculty of Medicine of the University to complete and sign it in triplicate.
- The Faculty of Medicine of the University of origin will send three copies of the agreement to:
Faculty of Medicine in Son Espases
Campus of the University of the Balearic Islands
Carretera de Valldemossa, Km. 7,5
07122 Palma (Illes Balears)
- The Faculty of Medicine of the UIB will return a copy of the agreement with the others signatures to the Faculty of Medicine of the university of origin.
- The university of origin must communicate to the Faculty of Medicine of the UIB (mail: email@example.com) the list of students authorized to perform the clinical practices, the hospital services and the dates of the same. Once the availability of places has been checked by the Faculty of Medicine of the UIB, the acceptance of the stay will be communicated to the student.
Before starting the internship, students must go to the administrative services of the Faculty of Medicine of the UIB (block H, level -1 of the Hospital Universitari Son Espases) to sign a commitment of confidentiality and collect the follow-up practice book and the credential that you must wear visibly during the stay, as well as deposit a copy of the identity document and proof of civil liability for damages to third parties.
Applicants must show that they have enrolled in the subjects of clinical practices at the university of origin before beginning their stay at the UIB.
Once the internship is over, the student must return to the Faculty of Medicine of the UIB the follow-up book with indication of their personal data and the name and signature of their tutor and supervisors who have given support during their stay in each service.
Given that the Degree in Medicine in the UIB started in 2016-17 and courses are being implemented progressively, the SÉNECA, SICUE, ERASMUS, etc. mobility programs, only allow to offer for the exchange of students the subjects corresponding to the implemented courses, that is:
- 2016-17: first-year subjects of the UIB’s study programme in medicine
- 2017-18: first and second-year subjects of the UIB’s study programme in medicine
- 2018-19: : first, second and third-year subjects of the UIB’s study programme in medicine
- 2019-20: first, second, third and four-year subjects of the UIB’s study programme in medicine
- 2020-21: first, second, third, fourth and fifth-year subjects of the UIB’s study programme in medicine
- 2021-22: all the subjects of the UIB’s study programme in medicine
This program is managed at the International Relations Service (SRI) of the UIB and you will find all the information about the programs and contacts on the website of the SRI.